President's Report to the Board

President's Report to Board: 04-18-18

POLITICS/IMPORTANT MEETINGS:

03-23-18        Damon met with Tim Orman.

03-26-18        Damon met with Steve Brandau

03-26-18        Damon met with David Keyes candidate Auditor

03-28-18        Damon met with Paul Caprioglio

03-28-18        Damon and Steve Latham met with city and retirement office

03-29-18        Damon and Todd met with Brandau and Bredefeld

03-30-18        Damon attended meeting with PORAC and Gov Brown

04-03-18        BBQ Team cooked for Marjoree Mason Center

04-03-18        Damon met with Chamber or Commerce

04-03-18        Damon and Todd attended the retiree dinner.

04-04-18        Damon attended Mayors advisory council

04-04-18        Damon met with Mayor and Chief Dyer

04-04-18        Todd met with new corporals

04-08-18        BBQ team cooked for Valley Children’s hospital

04-09-18        Damon, Todd, and Scott Shepard attended PORAC Symposium

04-12-18        Damon met with Brian Whelan candidate for council

04-12-18        Damon met with DC Nevarez

04-13-18        Damon met with Visalia POA and Roger Wilson

04-13-18        Todd attended League of Cities Public Safety Committee

04-16-18        Damon and Todd met with OIR

04-16-18        Damon met with Chief Dyer

04-16-18        Damon and Todd attended Brian Whelan event

04-16-18        Damon met with retirement rep regarding administrator position

04-16-18        Damon, Todd, Mike C and Jacky attended PORAC Chapter

04-16-18        Damon, Mike C Attended event for Mayor Brand

E-BOARD MEETING WITH THE CHIEF/DEPUTY CHIEFS:

The E Board met last with the chief and DC’s on 02-22-18.  There have been several individual meetings since then regarding various personnel and political issues.

Discipline related to traffic collisions remains an issue and has been the topic of numerous discussions.

NEGOTIATIONS:

FPOA met with the city and retirement office to review the actuarial studies as agreed to in the MOU. The meeting went well and we are scheduled to meet with the city on 4-23 to discuss moving forward.

ISSUES:

PATROL STAFFING ISSUES:

The city continues to recruit new officers.  Last month on board meeting day we were at 801 sworn officers, today we are at 798 sworn officers.  We are projected to be at 825 by July.

PATROL RIFLES/HANDGUNS:

Patrol rifles continue to be issued individually to patrol and other uniformed assignments.   Patrol officers will be required to train with and qualify with the rifle regardless if they wish to carry it with them in patrol.

The department has begun the process to discontinue the shotgun in every car and institute an individual issue much like the patrol rifle.

UNIFORMS:

5.11 uniforms:  Officers are requesting an extension of the 5.11 uniform due to the recent change in policy regarding 5.11 no longer being authorized.  The chief advised that the officers can send him an email directly with their request and he will evaluate on a case by case basis.

OIR / Citizens Public Safety Advisory Board

The OIR and the Community Safety Advisory Board met on 04-06-18.

PUBLIC RELATIONS RELATED:

$486               Charcoal for BBQs

$1035             Footballs for youth football event

$350               East Kiwanis event

IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

04-22-18          Brian Whelan BBQ event

04-2418           Administrative professional’s day

04-26-18          Breaking the Chains Banquet

04-27-18          FPOA Golf Tournement

04-28-18          Luis Chavez event

04-30-18          Chamber Gol Tourney BBQ

05-03-18          Fresno County Peace Officers Memorial

05-03-18          FDSA open house

05-07-18          Ca Peace Officers memorial

05-08-18         PORAC legislative Day

05-14-18          National Peace Officers Memorial

05-15-18          Central Cal PORAC Chapter meeting

President's Report to Board: 03-21-18

POLITICS/IMPORTANT MEETINGS:

02-22-18        E Board met with the Chief and DCs.

02-22-18        Damon met with retirement board re: Administrator position

02-22-18        Damon, Todd, and Gary attended PORAC SSJC.

02-23-18        Damon, Israel and Todd attended Officer of the Year Banquet

02-24-18        BBQ team cooked for Support Blue Run

02-26-18        Damon met with DA Smittcamp.

02-26-18        Damon presented at Fresno Chamber Junior chamber event

02-26-18        Damon and Todd attended Luis Chavez event

02-27-18        Damon and Todd met with city manager and Chief Dyer re: discipline

02-28-18        E Board held new officer orientation

02-28-18        Todd attended BPAC.

03-01-18        Damon attended Esmeralda Soria event

03-02-18        Damon met with Mr. Kashian

03-06-18        Damon met with Parks Initiative reps

03-06-18        Damon attended CPSAB

03-07-18        Todd attended OISRC

03-08-18        Damon met with Brian Whelan candidate for council

03-08-18        Damon met with Serop Terossian Fresno Planning Commission / Kaiser

03-09-18        Damon met with Darius Assemi

03-12-18        Damon met with Tate Hill candidate for council

03-14-18        PAC Committee interviewed city council dist. 3 candidates

03-15-18        PAC Committee interviewed city council dist. 7 and judge candidates

03-16-18        Todd attended Baker to Vegas Relay

03-16-18        Damon, Israel, and Todd met with Kaiser Permanente officials

03-19-18        Damon met with Ashley Swearengin re: Parks initiative

03-20-18        Damon met with retirement board reps re: Administrator

03-20-18        Damon and Andy Hall attended ADR meeting

03-20-18        Todd attended PORAC Cen Cal Chapter meeting

03-20-18        Damon attended Antonio Villarigosa event

E-BOARD MEETING WITH THE CHIEF/DEPUTY CHIEFS:

The E Board met with the chief and DC’s on 02-22-18.  We discussed numerous issues however issues regarding discipline dominated the discussion.  Concerns over city personnel having too much input on officer discipline and the level of suspensions being administered.  This is still an ongoing issue the FPOA is working on.

The department wants to do a follow up survey similar to the Josephson Institute survey conducted in 2014.   In an effort to increase participation and assure confidentiality the FPOA is going to conduct the survey.  We are projected to send out the survey on April 1st

Discussed span of control for sergeants working the lap and swing shifts when one is missing.

Officers have been losing differential pay when injured.  This will no longer occur as long as the officer continues to work on the shift where the differential is designated.

NEGOTIATIONS:

FPOA is scheduled to meet with the city and retirement office to review the actuarial studies as agreed to in the MOU. We will update when we have information

ISSUES:

PATROL STAFFING ISSUES:

The city continues to recruit new officers.  Last month on board meeting day we were at 801 sworn officers, today we are at 791 sworn officers.  We are projected to be at 825 by July.

PATROL RIFLES/HANDGUNS:

Patrol rifles continue to be issued individually to patrol and other uniformed assignments.   Patrol officers will be required to train with and qualify with the rifle regardless if they wish to carry it with them in patrol.

On December 7th the Eboard tested 3 proposed new hand guns.  Sig Sauer P320, S&W M&P, and the F&N 509. There is no update as of today’s meeting

The department has begun the process to discontinue the shotgun in every car and institute an individual issue much like the patrol rifle.

UNIFORMS:

5.11 uniforms:  Officers are requesting an extension of the 5.11 uniform due to the recent change in policy regarding 5.11 no longer being authorized.  The chief advised that the officers can send him an email directly with their request and he will evaluate on a case by case basis.

OIR / Citizens Public Safety Advisory Board

The OIR and the Community Safety Advisory Board met on 3-06-08.

PUBLIC RELATIONS RELATED:

$250               Tee Sponsor for Bud Rank Elementary

$120               Support Blue Run BBQ/pancakes

$50                 Appreciation gift for IHop manager(helps sponsor events)

IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

03-23-18          COOL Luncheon

03-30-18          Golf Signups

04-03-18          Marjorie Mason center BBQ

04-05-18          FPOA Finance committee meeting

04-10-18          PORAC Symposium

04-17-18          PORAC Cen Cal Chapter meeting

04-18-18          Next FPOA Board meeting

 President's Report to Board: 02-21-18

POLITICS/IMPORTANT MEETINGS:

01-18-18        Damon and Israel attended Chamber Business awards.

01-19-18        Damon and Israel attended Chamber Installation

01-19-18        Todd attended League of Cities Public Safety meeting.

01-22-18        Damon and Todd attended CCLEA Legislative reception

01-23-18        Damon met with Chamber re: initiative

01-24-18        Damon, Todd met with Oliver Baines.

01-25-18        Damon and Todd met with Genoveva Islas

01-26-18        Damon and Todd attended Labor Political Directors Meeting

01-27-18         E Board attended Retirement Dinner

01-29-18        Damon met with new Clovis POA president

01-30-18        Damon met with Parks initiative people.

01-31-18         Damon and Todd met with FCEA President

02-01-18        Damon met with Chamber re; Initiative

02-02-18        Damon, Todd, Scott, and Steve L attended RLS Symposium

02-05-18        Damon met with Contra Costa Deputies regarding PORAC IBT

02-06-18        Damon attended CPSAB

02-08-18        Damon and Todd met with City re; Concealed Carry Policy

02-08-18        Damon met with Bryan Greenamyer w/ Johnson Controls

02-10-18         FPOA BBQ Team cooked for Caprioglio event

02-12-18         Damon attended PORAC E Committee meeting

02-14-18         Damon attended GAC

02-15-18         Central Cal Peer Support Summit

02-16-18         Damon met with Sandra Celedon BHC

02-16-18         Pat Dalbec represented FPOA at Fresno Monsters Hockey

02-20-18        Damon met with Anthony Ratekin rep for Devin Nunes

02-20-18        Damo at Todd attended Cen Cal PORAC Chapter meeting

E-BOARD MEETING WITH THE CHIEF/DEPUTY CHIEFS:

The Eboard is scheduled to meet with the chief and DC’s on 02-22-18.

NEGOTIATIONS:

FPOA met with the city and retirement reps and have begun the actuarial studies as agreed to in the MOU. We will update when we have information

ISSUES:

PATROL STAFFING ISSUES:

The city continues to recruit new officers.  Last month on board meeting day we were at 797 sworn officers, today we are at 801 sworn officers.  We are projected to be at 825 by July.

PATROL RIFLES/HANDGUNS:

Patrol rifles continue to be issued individually to patrol and other uniformed assignments.   Patrol officers will be required to train with and qualify with the rifle regardless if they wish to carry it with them in patrol.

On December 7th the Eboard tested 3 proposed new hand guns.  Sig Sauer P320, S&W M&P, and the F&N 509.

The department is looking into whether to discontinue the shotgun in every car and institute an individual issue much like the patrol rifle.

UNIFORMS:

 5.11 uniforms:  Officers are requesting an extension of the 5.11 uniform due to the recent change in policy regarding 5.11 no longer being authorized.  The chief advised that the officers can send him an email directly with their request and he will evaluate on a case by case basis.

OIR / Citizens Public Safety Advisory Board

The new OIR and the Community Safety Advisory Board met on 2-06-08.

PUBLIC RELATIONS RELATED:

$72.96            Ball Caps and mugs for Central Coast K-9 event

$430               Retirement Dinner

$500               Fresno Monsters LE Night

$150               2 Bicycles for MLK Elementary

$117                Peer Support BBQ

IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

02-24-18          Support Blue Run

02-23-18          COOL Luncheon.

02-23-18          Officer of the Year Banquet

02-26-18          Luis Chavez Event

03-10-18          Motor Reunión

03-12-18          PORAC  E Committee and IBT

03-16-18          Marjoree Mason Center event

03-20-18          PORAC Chapter meeting

President's Report to Board: 01-17-18

POLITICS/IMPORTANT MEETINGS:

12-21-17        FDSA Christmas Party.

12-27-17        E Board meeting with Chief and staff re; Patrol Schedules

12-28-17        Damon and Todd met with Ashley Swearengin and Parks Group.

01-02-18        Damon attended CSPAB Meeting

01-03-18        Damon met with Joseph Kalpakoff Mid Valley Waste

01-04-18        Damon, Todd, and Gary conducted new officer and Sgt orientation.

01-05-18        Damon and Todd met with Chamber CEO and Staff

01-07-18        Damon and Jacky attended event for Antonio Villarigosa

01-08-18        Damon and Jacky attended PORAC meetings

01-10-18        Damon attended Chamber GAC Meeting

01-10-18        Damon and Israel met with Dave N Busters re: Golf Tourney.

01-11-18        Damon attended City Council Meeting

01-11-18        Todd attended Human Trafficking BBQ

01-12-18        Damon and Israel met with Rush 10-8 re: Golf Tourney

01-12-18        Damon attended meeting with Ashley Swearengin and Parks Group

01-16-18        Damon met with Esmeralda Soria

01-16-18        Damon and Todd met with Paul Caprioglio

01-16-18        Damon and Todd met with OIR John Gleatta

01-16-18        Damon, Todd and Jacky attended PORAC Chapter meeting

E-BOARD MEETING WITH THE CHIEF/DEPUTY CHIEFS:

The Eboard met with the Chief, DCs and command staff on 12-27-17 and spoke about a variety of issues related to the use of sick time, FMLA, and the LTA.  The discussion was about the feasibility of the Platoon Schedule if we continue to have a large number of absences.

There will be no immediate changes to the current schedule. The department will continue to monitor staffing numbers.  One new policy change will occur as a result of the meeting.  Officers will now be required to contact the area/watch commanders when calling in sick.

NEGOTIATIONS:

FPOA met with the city and retirement reps and have begun the actuarial studies as agreed to in the MOU.

ISSUES:

PATROL STAFFING ISSUES:

The city continues to recruit new officers.  Last month on board meeting day we were at 799 sworn officers, today we are at 797 sworn officers.  We are projected to be at 825 by July.

PATROL RIFLES/HANDGUNS:

Patrol rifles continue to be issued individually to patrol and other uniformed assignments.   Patrol officers will be required to train with and qualify with the rifle regardless if they wish to carry it with them in patrol.

On December 7th the Eboard tested 3 proposed new hand guns.  Sig Sauer P320, S&W M&P, and the F&N 509.

UNIFORMS:

5.11 uniforms:  Officers are requesting an extension of the 5.11 uniform due to the recent change in policy regarding 5.11 no longer being authorized.  The chief advised that the officers can send him an email directly with their request and he will evaluate on a case by case basis.

OIR / Citizens Public Safety Advisory Board

The new OIR and the Community Safety Advisory Board met on 12-05-17.  Discussions at this point continue to be operational in nature regarding the board members receiving training.

PUBLIC RELATIONS RELATED:

$215 BBQ for Huan Trafficking Fundraiser

IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

01-19-18         Chamber Installation

01-24-18          FDSA BBQ lunch $7.00 ea.

01-24-18          Golf Committee Meeting

02-20-18          RLS Symposium

02-15-18          Peer Support Summit

02-20-18          PORAC Chapter meeting

President's Report to the Board 12-20-17

POLITICS/IMPORTANT MEETINGS:

11-10-17       E Board meeting with the Chief and DCs.

11-13-17       Damon and Israel attended ADR Meeting

11-13-17       Damon met with Serop Torossian from Kaiser.

11-14-17       Damon attended PORAC I&B meetings

11-15-17       Todd attended Operation Gobble in SW Fresno

11-16-17       PORAC Conference

11-20-17       Todd met with IA Sgts and LDP Trustees

11-21-17       Damon and Todd met with Larry Wallace (Sen K. Harris)

11-21-17       Damon and Todd met with Miguel Arias

11-29-17       Damon met with Clint Olivier.

11-29-17       New Officer Orientation for 9 new officers

11-29-17       Damon met with John Gliatta OIR

11-30-17       Damon met with Steve Brandau and Garry Bredefeld

12-01-17       Patrol Matrix Sign Ups

12-05-17       Damon and Todd met with Jim Patterson

12-05-17       Damon and Todd met with DC Carrasco re: SRT

12-05-17       Damon met with DC Nevarez re: Companion Officer Training

12-05-17       Damon attended CPSAB meeting

12-05-17       Damon, Todd, Mike C, and Jacky attended PORAC Chapter

12-06-17       Damon attended Mayors Advisory Council meeting

12-06-17       Damon met with Mayor Brand

12-06-17       Todd met with IA Sgts and LDP Trustees

12-06-17       Damon met with Darren Rose

12-07-17       Todd attended Esmeralda Soria event

12-07-17       Damon and Jacky attended PORAC SSJC

12-07-17       E Board tested new proposed handguns

12-09-17       Kids Christmas at FPOA

12-11-17       Damon and Todd met with new Fire President Dean Sanders

12-12-17       Damon and Israel ADR meeting

12-13-17       Damon met with SRT

12-13-17       Damon and Todd attended Chamber Christmas Social

12-13-17       Todd attended NW Christmas Open House

12-13-17       Todd attended SE Christmas Open House

12-14-17       Damon attended Chamber GAC

12-15-17       FPOA Christmas Social

12-18-17       Damon at PORAC I&B

 

E-BOARD MEETING WITH THE CHIEF/DEPUTY CHIEFS:

The Eboard met with the Chief and DCs on Friday 11-10-17 and spoke about a variety of issues listed below.

Staffing:  We are currently at 784 and will be at 802 on Dec 11 when new academy grads are brought in.  we should have 825 by July.

There will be no area proactive teams added such as DCST although the area commanders have expressed a desire to form them to address crime trends.  4 bodies will be added to MAGEC and a Sgt + 8 officers to FAX.  (THIS CHANGED ON December 5th when it was decided to move SRT to the districts)

297 bodies will sign up at Matrix.  It is projected that 320 bodies will be in matrix by February /March.

LTA's and sick time usage continue to be an issue.  Current LTA number sits at 70 officers and sick time is up approx 20% from this time last year.  It was discussed the ability and desire of the dept. to continue with Platoon Schedule.  When Platoon was put in place there was belief it would lower sick time usage, but with 20% increase that has come into question.

Vehicles:  There are approx 100 new patrol cars that will be released this year. 54 new vehicles currently being outfitted.   45 are ready now they will be going out to patrol first.

Software Update:  The dept. will be introducing a new report writer and RMS system sometime between April and June.

Lateral Officers:  It was brought up that lateral officers are being warehoused and put into the field with detectives even though they are not armed.  Chief said they will get them qualified and armed that this should not happen.

Officer Involved T/A:  Discussions on implementing an 48hr rule on T/As that involve major injury or possibility of major discipline/prosecution.  Delay officer statement much like an OIS.

Concussion protocol:  Discussed having a concussion protocol for officers involved in T/A or other incidents where head injury may have occurred and having the officer evaluated for concussions.

Patrol Rifle Qualification.  A discussion on the patrol rifles in regards to qualifying with the weapon.  If an officer does not qualify with the rifle is this a fitness for duty issue?  Chiefs answer was "yes" if the officer cannot qualify it would be treated similarly as if unable to qualify with their handgun.

Retiree access to HQ:  Currently retirees who need to access HQ for personnel related issues cannot gain access.  As new ID cards are issued they will be given the new cards with chip to access HQ provided they left department in good standing.

Contract Policing:  There continues to be unfilled contract positions on a weekly basis.  Discussion on opening up contract policing to probationary officers once non probationers have been given priority.

General Membership Meeting:  We discussed having a General Membership meeting in January.  we discussed having a "State of the Police Department" type meeting with the FPOA, The Chief, and the Mayor.

5.11 uniforms:  Officers are requesting an extension of the 5.11 uniform due to the recent change in policy regarding 5.11 no longer being authorized.  The chief advised that the officers can send him an email directly with their request and he will evaluate on a case by case basis.

 

NEGOTIATIONS:

FPOA met with the city and retirement reps and have begun the actuarial studies as agreed to in the MOU.

 

ISSUES:

PATROL STAFFING ISSUES:

The city continues to recruit new officers.  Last month on board meeting day we were at 784 sworn officers, today we are at 799 sworn officers.  We are projected to be at 800 by years end

PATROL RIFLES/HANDGUNS:

Patrol rifles continue to be issued individually to patrol and other uniformed assignments.   Patrol officers will be required to train with and qualify with the rifle regardless if they wish to carry it with them in patrol.

On December 7th the Eboard tested 3 proposed new hand guns.  Sig Sauer P320, S&W M&P, and the F&N 509.

OIR / Citizens Public Safety Advisory Board

The new OIR and the Community Safety Advisory Board met on 12-05-17.  Discussions at this point continue to be operational in nature regarding the board members receiving training.

PUBLIC RELATIONS RELATED:

$300             Santa’s Village SW Fresno

$133             PORAC Conference related

$102             Movie Tickets for FPD Business office

$1328           Sees Candy for FPOA Supporters

$37               Toys for Soria event toy drive

IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

12-21-17          Load Bearing Vest fitting at FPOA

12-21-17          Hot Dogs available at FPOA for the members

01-04-18          New Officer orientation for FPOA

01-09-18          ADR Meeting

01-16-18          PORAC Chapter

President's Report to the Board 11-8-17

 POLITICS/IMPORTANT MEETINGS:

10-19-17        Damon, Todd, Jacky and Mike C attended PORAC SSJC meeting.

10-20-17        BBQ team cooked for the DSA Golf Tourney

10-21-17        BBQ team cooked for make a difference day w/ Steve Brandau.

10-23-17        Damon met with Lee Brand

10-27-17        Damon and Todd attended COOL luncheon

10-27-17        FPOA Election results announced

10-28-17        BBQ team cooked for FSU tailgate

10-30-17        Damon and Todd met with OIR

10-30-17        Damon and Todd met with Henry Perea, Sr.

11-01-17         Damon attended Mayors Advisory Council meeting.

11-02-17         Companion Officer Meeting

11-07-17         Damon attended CPSAB meeting

11-07-17         Damon and Todd met with Esmeralda Soria

 

E-BOARD MEETING WITH THE CHIEF/DEPUTY CHIEFS:

The E-Board last met with the Chief and DC's as a group on 8-10-17.  There has not been a meeting since our last board meeting.  Our next meeting is scheduled for November 10th. There have been numerous individual meetings with the chief and deputy chiefs on individual member issues.

Damon and Todd last met with Chief Dyer on 10-12-17.   We discussed the upcoming Matrix regarding staffing number and the possibility if a Lap Shift.  Discussed issues regarding CIT training and the flexing of midnight officers.  Lt testing and promotions should occur by December

 

NEGOTIATIONS:

FPOA met with the city and retirement reps and have begun the actuarial studies as agreed to in the MOU.

 

ISSUES

PATROL STAFFING ISSUES:

The city continues to recruit new officers.  Last month on board meeting day we were at 783 sworn officers, today we are at 784 sworn officers.  We are projected to be at 800 by years end

 

PATROL RIFLES:

Patrol rifles continue to be issued individually to patrol and other uniformed assignments.   Patrol officers will be required to train with and qualify with the rifle regardless if they wish to carry it with them in patrol.

 

OIR / Citizens Public Safety Advisory Board:

The new OIR and the Community Safety Advisory Board met on 10-07-17.  Discussions at this point or operational in nature regarding the board members receiving training.

 

PUBLIC RELATIONS RELATED:

$577               FDSA Memorial Tourney. BBQ supplies and Raffle items

$375               Marine Corps Ball Tickets (Jared Kraft)

$335               Nothing But Net BBQ (SW district)

$365               FSU Tailgate BBQ

$145               Coffee Mugs for Lt test evaluators.

$400              PORAC Conference promo items (Jacky Parks For PORAC Pres)

 

IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

11-17-17          PORAC Conference begins

11-17-17          Marine Corps Ball

11-28-17         Christmas Social Committee meeting

12-05-17         PORAC Chapter meeting

12-09-17         Kids Christmas party

12-15-17          Adult Christmas Social

President's Report to Board: 10-18-17

POLITICS/IMPORTANT MEETINGS:

09-21-17        Damon met with Chamber Commerce representatives.

09-23-17        Todd attended Central Cal COPS event in Merced

09-26-17        Damon interviewed with the John Malos Show.

09-25-17        Todd represented a member at skelly

09-26-17        Damon and Todd met with Steven Bailey CA AG candidate

09-26-17        Damon met with the CPSAB

09-27-17        Damon and Todd attended Cigar Fest event

09-27-17        BBQ team cooked for Cigar Fest

09-28-17        Damon represented a member at IAP

09-28-17        Damon and Todd held new officer orientation at FPOA.

09-28-17        Damon and Todd met with Chief Dyer

09-28-17        Todd represented a member in IA

09-29-17        Damon attended COOL luncheon

09-29-17        Damon attended labor political directors meeting

09-29-17        Todd and Eric Panabaker attended PORAC Presidential Debate

09-29-17        Damon attended event with members of chamber of commerce board

10-02-17        Damon attended meeting at PORAC in Sacramento

10-03-17        Todd, Gary, and Israel attended PORAC PAC training class

10-03-17        Damon attended retiree dinner

10-04-17        Damon attended Major Cities Conference

10-04-17        Lennie Lujan represented the FPOA at the Big Fresno Fair 4.0 event

10-06-17        Damon attended Mayors advisory council meeting

10-06-17        Damon met Chamber representatives

10-07-17        FPOA BBQ team cooked at Fallen Heroes Car Show in Clovis.

10-07-17        FPOA BBBQ Team cooked for Storyland Fundraiser

10-09-17        Damon attended PORAC IBT meetings in Sacramento

10-10-17        Todd represented a member in IA

10-11-17        Damon represented a member at IAP

10-11-17        Damon attended Chamber GAC Meeting

10-11-17        Damon and Todd met with companion officers

10-12-17        Damon and Todd Met with Chief Dyer

10-12-17        BBQ Team cooked at FPDRTC

10-14-17        BBQ team cooked for the Dukes Family

10-17-17        Damon and Todd met with Andrew Janz candidate for congress

10-17-17        Damon and Israel attended ADR meeting

10-17-17        Damon and Todd attended Central Cal PORAC chapter meeting

E-BOARD MEETING WITH THE CHIEF/DEPUTY CHIEFS:

The E-Board last met with the Chief and DC's as a group on 8-10-17. There has not been a meeting since our last board meeting. There have been numerous individual meetings with the chief and deputy chiefs on individual member issues.

Damon and Todd last met with Chief Dyer on 10-12-17.  We discussed the upcoming Matrix regarding staffing number and the possibility if a Lap Shift. Discussed issues regarding CIT training and the flexing of midnight officers. Lt testing and promotions should occur by December

NEGOTIATIONS:

FPOA met with the city and retirement reps and have begun the actuarial studies as agreed to in the MOU.

ISSUES:

 PATROL STAFFING ISSUES:

The city continues to recruit new officers. Last month on board meeting day we were at 782 sworn officers, today we are at 783 sworn officers.

PATROL RIFLES:

Patrol rifles continue to be issued individually to patrol and other uniformed assignments.  Patrol officers will be required to train with and qualify with the rifle regardless if they wish to carry it with them in patrol.

OIR / Citizens Public Safety Advisory Board

The new OIR and the Community Safety Advisory Board met on 09-26-17. Discussions at this point or operational in nature regarding the board members receiving training.

PUBLIC RELATIONS RELATED:

$1400             Dukes thank you BBQ (BBQ trailer restore)

$587               Pocket calendars for the members

$300               Central Cal Cops event

$190               Art of Freedom event (human trafficking)

$700               Cigar Fest fundraiser (Chiefs foundation and Terry’s House)

$450               Charcoal for BBQs

$1400             Storyland BBQ Fundraiser

IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

10-19-17          South San Joaquin PORAC Chapter Meeting

10-20-17          FDSA Golf Tournament

10-20-17          Fulton Street Grand Opening

10-20-17          Make a difference day BBQ

10-25-17          BBQ for SW District event

10-28-17          BBQ tailgate for FSU Game

11-02-17          Companion Officer meeting

11-03-17          BBQ event(raffle)

11-08-17          FPOA Board Meeting (moved due to PORAC Conference)

11-09-17          Chamber Eggs and Issues event FPOA presenting

11-17-17          PORAC Conference begins

President's Report to Board: 09-20-17

POLITICS/IMPORTANT MEETINGS:

08-17-17        Damon met with Darek Robinson Madera City Council.

08-17-17        Damon met with Ken Katz Companion Officer Advisor

08-17-17        Damon met with Eric Schmidt DSA.

08-17-17        Damon and Cavallero attended SSJC PORAC meeting

08-18-17        Damon and Todd attended Chamber function for city manager

08-21-17        Damon and Todd met with Darren Miller City Council candidate.

08-23-17        Damon and Todd met with city regarding actuarial studies

08-25-17        Damon and Todd attended COOL luncheon

08-25-17        Damon, Bryan and Todd attended Chamber PAC event

08-29-17        Damon and Todd met with Paul Caprioglio

08-30-17        Damon and Todd attended press conference for public safety advisory board

08-31-17        Damon met with Chamber CEO Nathan Ahle and Nathan Alonzo(GAC)

09-02-17        BBQ team cooked at the FSU Football Game

09-04-17        BBQ team cooked for Labor Day Breakfast at Fairgrounds

09-06-17        Damon met with Esmeralda Soria

09-06-17        BBQ team cooked for Big Sandy Rancheria native youth fundraiser

09-07-17        BBQ team cooked for multi-agency operation

09-07-17        Damon met with John Gliatta new OIR

09-07-17        Damon, Jacky, and Cavallero attended PORAC Region II meeting in Modesto.

09-08-17        Damon met with DC Carrasco and LT Beckwith re: Matrix

09-11-17        Damon attended PORAC IBT meetings in Sacramento

09-13-17        Damon and Todd attended League of Cities Conference in Sacramento

09-16-17        FPOA Family Picnic

09-19-17        Damon, Israel and Andy attended ADR meeting

09-19-17        Damon attended public safety advisory board meeting

09-19-17        Damon and Todd Met with Brian Marvel San Diego POA Pres

09-19-17        Damon, Todd, and Cavallero attended PORAC chapter meeting

09-20-17        Damon and Todd attended Chamber event for Antonio Villarigosa

09-20-17        Damon and Jacky met with Villarigosa at FDSA

 

E-BOARD MEETING WITH THE CHIEF/DEPUTY CHIEFS:

The E-Board last met with the Chief and DC's as a group on 8-10-17. There has not been a meeting since our last board meeting. There has been numerous individual meetings with the chief and deputy chiefs on individual member issues.

NEGOTIATIONS:

FPOA met with the city and retirement reps and have begun the actuarial studies as agreed to in the MOU.

ISSUES:

PATROL STAFFING ISSUES:

The city continues to recruit new officers and very few lateral officers. Last month on board meeting day we were at 778 sworn officers, today we are at 782 sworn officers.

PATROL RIFLES:

Patrol rifles will be issued individually to patrol and other uniformed assignments.  Patrol officers will be required to train with and qualify with the rifle regardless if they wish to carry it with them in patrol.

OIR / Citizens Public Safety Advisory Board

The new OIR and the Community Safety Advisory Board met for the first time on

09-19-17.

PUBLIC RELATIONS RELATED:

$2000             Fresno Fair 4.0 Scholarship program

$300               Fresno DSA Memorial Golf Tournament Tee Sponsor

$220               BBQ for Bug Sandee Rancheria Youth Tournament

$195               BBQ for Multi agency Operation

$50                 Misc PR give-aways Mugs/coins etc

IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

09-26-17          Damon to go on John Malos Show

09-27-17          Cigarfest

09-28-17          New officer orientation

09-29-17          COOL Luncheon

09-29-17          PORAC Presidential Debate

10-02-17          BBQ for Make a Difference Day

10-03-17          Retiree Dinner

10-04-17          Big Fresno Fair

10-07-17          BBQ fundraiser for Story Land

10-07-17          BBQ for Central Valley Fallen Heroes Car show

10-09-17          PORAC E Committee

10-09-17          PORAC IBT meeting

10-14-17          BBQ for the Dukes

10-17-17          PORAC Chapter meeting

10-18-17          Next Board meeting

President's Report to Board: 8-16-17

POLITICS/IMPORTANT MEETINGS:

07-20-17        Damon, Israel and DC Hall ADR meeting.

07-20-17        Damon met with Mayor Lee Brand

07-21-17        Damon met with Dillon Savory CLC.

07-21-17        Damon met with DC Nevarez

07-21-17        Damon met with Congressman Jim Costa

07-21-17        Damon and Bob Arendt attended event for R. Valle Kings Co Sup.

07-25-17        Management Negotiations

07-26-17        New Officer Orientation

07-27-17        Damon and Todd met Aaron Johnson CSU Fresno

07-27-17        Todd OIS Review Committee

07-28-17        Damon and Mike C attended CLC political Director meeting

07-28-17        Management MOU ratification meeting

07-28-17        Mike C and Bill T attended COOL

08-01-17        BBQ team cooked for National Night Out and Esmeralda Soria

08-02-17        Damon attended Mayors Advisory Council meeting

08-03-17        BBQ team cooked Explorer program event.

08-03-17        Damon and Jacky attended PORAC meetings in Reno

08-07-17        Damon And Todd new officer Orientation John Hissong

08-08-17        Damon met with LT Ramos re FTO program.

08-09-17        Damon attended Chamber GAC meeting

08-09-17        Damon met with Serop Terossian Kaiser/Fresno planning commission.

08-09-17        Damon and Todd met with Jeff Cardell regarding MOU corrections

08-10-17        Mike F and Mike H helped with MDA Lock up event

08-10-17        E Board met with the Chief and DC's

08-10-17        Damon and Todd met with Oliver Baines

08-10-17        Damon and Todd attended League of Cities event

08-11-17        Damon and Todd met with Darren Rose

08-14-17        Damon met with Carlton Jones Fire Union President

08-15-17        Damon and Andy attended ADR Meeting

08-15-17        Damon and Todd attended NE Satellite office opening w/ Caprioglio

E-BOARD MEETING WITH THE CHIEF/DEPUTY CHIEFS:

The E-Board met with the Chief and DC's as a group on 8-10-17.

Discussed issues with preferred staffing.  Specifically span of control for sergeants when swings have to cover mids.

There was a discussion on negative messaging.  Sergeants and above complaining down to the troops, which effects morale with the organization.

Radio issues continue to be an issue.  Chief allowed the release of comprehensive report to the FPOA and proposed fixes to the system.

FPOA proposed use of non outfitted patrol cars for detective units to be used while waiting for outfitting.  Also discussed the release of Duty Office pool cars to detective units.

There was discussion on officer involved T/A's where injury has occurred to treat like a critical incident as it pertains to officer statement.  Possibly using similar policy as an OIS when obtaining officer statements at the scene.  Having representation before providing a statement.

Discussions on upcoming matrix and staffing.  Chief had previously asked the FPOA poll the current dayshift on their preference regarding Platoon of rotating method of schedule.  Todd Fraizer conducted poll and results were 63 to 13 to keep the current platoon or go all platoon.  There was also a discussion on eliminating platoon at the sergeant position

NEGOTIATIONS:

Management ratified their MOU on 7-28-17.  100% who attended the meeting voted yes.

FPOA is continuing to work on the sergeant pay for the 31 sergeants promoted since 2015.  There are issues created by the promoting new sergeants to E step.

ISSUES:

PATROL STAFFING ISSUES:

The city continues to recruit new officers and very few lateral officers.  Last month on board meeting day we were at 773 sworn officers, today we are at 778 sworn officers.

PATROL RIFLES:

The department was authorized the purchase patrol rifles.  They will be issued individually to patrol and  other uniformed assignments.   Patrol officers will be required to train with and qualify with the rifle regardless if they wish to carry it with them in patrol.

New City Manager:

The new city manager Wilma Quan-Schector has officially assumed her position.  Bruce Rudd is staying with the city overseeing FAX until a new FAX director is hired.

OIR / Citizens Public  Safety Advisory Board

New OIR has been offered to former FBI Agent John Gleatta.

PUBLIC RELATIONS RELATED:

07-24-17        $88 Coins for Jacky's PORAC campaign

08-01-17        $465 National night Out BBQ

08-01-17        $965 Fresno State Red Lot BBQ and Tix

IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

08-17-17          FPOA Picnic meeting

08-22-17          Damon to appear on John Malos TV Show

08-25-17          COOL Luncheon

09-02-17          Fresno State Football Game.  BBQ in Red Lot

09-04-17          Labor Day Breakfast

09-06-17          BBQ for Big Sandy Rancheria

09-07-17          PORAC Region II meeting

09-16-17          FPOA Picnic

09-19-17          Blue Mass

09-19-17          PORAC Chapter meeting

09-20-17          Next Board Meeting

President's Report to Board: 7-19-17

 POLITICS/IMPORTANT MEETINGS:

06-21-17        Board members attended State of the City Address.

06-22-17        General membership meeting for MOU

06-23-17        BBQ team cooked for Mid Valley Waste event.

06-26-17        Damon and Todd presented at new sergeant orientation

06-27-17        Damon met with Serop Terossian from Kaiser

06-28-17        Damon and Todd attended Tower Satellite office opening.

06-29-17        E-Board meeting.

07-03-17        Damon and Todd met with Chief Dyer

07-06-17        Damon met with Tom Abshere

07-06-17        Todd met with Ike Grewal (city council candidate)

07-07-17        Damon and Todd attended Bruce Rudd reception

07-07-17        Management Negotiations

07-08-17        BBQ Team cooked for Paul Caprioglio at Vinland Park

07-10-17        Management Negotiations

07-14-17        Damon , Todd, and Mike C attended Chamber Event w/ Juaquin Arambula

07-14-17        BBQ team cooked for a certificate redemption.

07-15-17        Damon, Todd, and Gary attended Mounted Patrol dinner

07-17-17        Damon met with Chief Dyer

07-17-17        Todd attended Labor Day breakfast planning meeting.

07-17-17        Damon met w/ Steve Brandau

07-18-17        Management negotiations.

07-19-17        Damon and Mike C attended retirement board meeting

E-BOARD MEETING WITH THE CHIEF/DEPUTY CHIEFS:

The E-Board last met with the Chief and DC's as a group on 5-16-17.  We have not met as a group since the last board meeting.  Our next full meeting is scheduled for 8/10

Below are some of the issues discussed during individual meetings

The lieutenant promotional list is expired.  There will be a new testing in the near future.

Recent policy changed OB priority to a lottery pick for shifts without any priority to patrol first.  That has been changed to Patrol will now have priority in patrol OB.

Discussed the possibility of doing a new annual since last one was done is 2005.

There is a discussion on changing court call back policy of 60 minutes to 90 minutes to accommodate review of body cam video.

Growing concern over negative messaging by use of AM was discussed.

New sergeant promotions occurred on 06-26-17

NEGOTIATIONS:

A General Membership Meeting on 06-22-17 was held and a vote on the new MOU took place.  The MOU was ratified by the membership by a 59% yes and 41% no vote.  Council approved the MOU on 6-26-17 by a 7-0 vote.

Management negotiations are still on going.

ISSUES:

PATROL STAFFING ISSUES:

The city continues to recruit new officers and very few lateral officers.  Last month on board meeting day we were at 762 sworn officers, today we are at 773 sworn officers.

PATROL RIFLES:

The department was authorized the purchase patrol rifles.  They will be issued individually to patrol and  other uniformed assignments.   Patrol officers will be required to train with and qualify with the rifle regardless if they wish to carry it with them in patrol.

New City Manager:

The new city manager Wilma Quan-Schector has officially assumed her position.  Bruce Rudd is staying with the city overseeing FAX until a new FAX director is hired.

OIR / Citizens Public  Safety Advisory Board

Chief Dyer and Damon sat on interviews for the new OIR on 05/24/17.  No announcement has been made on the selection.  There may be a new recruitment.

PUBLIC RELATIONS RELATED:

07-01-17        $250 African American Museum LE exhibit

07-08-17        $220 BBQ for Vinland Park, Caprioglio

IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

07-28-17          COOL luncheon Meeting

08-03-17          PORAC Board and IBT meetings

08-09-17          Chamber GAC

08-10-17          E Board meet with Chief and DCs

08-10-17          MDA Lock-up

08-15-17          By Law Committee meeting

08-15-17          PORAC Chapter meeting in Merced

President's Report to Board:   6-21-17

POLITICS/IMPORTANT MEETINGS:

05-18-17        Damon met with management negotiation team.

05-19-17        Damon and Rocky met with the management team..

05-20-17        Todd and BBQ team cooked for Union Park Picnic.

05-22-17        Todd attended Force science training in San Diego

05-22-17        Damon met with Lee Brand and Tim Orman

05-24-17        Damon and Chief Dyer sat on OIR interviews.

05-25-17        Negotiations.

05-26-17        Damon attended COOL

05-30-17        Special Board meeting

05-30-17        Damon and Todd met with Esmeralda Soria

06-01-17        E Board met with Lee Brand.

06-01-17        Todd attended Sal Quintero event.

06-02-17        Damon and Todd attended League of Cities event in Dinuba

06-03-17        E Board attended Crimestoppers June Jam

06-05-17        Negotiations.

06-06-17        Damon met with Department of Insurance in Sacramento.

06-06-17        FPOA Budget meeting

06-07-17        Damon Mayors advisory Committee meeting

06-07-17        Damon and Israel ADR meeting.

06-07-17        Damon met w/ Tate Hill Candidate council district 3

06-07-17        FPOA BBQ Team cooked for EECU fundraiser.

06-08-17        Todd attended League of Cities meetings on public safety

06-09-17        Todd attended PORAC LDF meeting

06-10-17        FPOA BBQ Team cooked for SW event

06-11-17        Damon and Steve met with Steve Brandau and Garry Bredefeld

06-12-17        Negotiations

06-13-17        Damon at PORAC I&B Meeting

06-14-17        Damon met w/ City Personnel Dir Jeff Cardell re: negotiations

06-14-17        Damon attended Chamber GAC meeting

06-15-17        Negotiations

06-20-17        Damon met with Bereggie McCoy candidate council dist 3.

06-20-17        Damon and Todd attended PORAC Chapter meeting

E-BOARD MEETING WITH THE CHIEF/DEPUTY CHIEFS:

The E-Board last met with the Chief and DC's as a group on 5-16-17.  We have not met as a group since the last board meeting.  Below are some of the issues discussed.

The lieutenant promotional list is expired.  There will be a new testing in the near future.

There was a lengthy discussion regarding the use of corporals as acting sergeants vs preferred staffing.

There has been NO discussion of eliminating the Platoon Schedule early.  There are was a lengthy discussion regarding staffing issues in regards to sergeants on the midnight and day shift schedules.

We discussed the recruitment and retention issues with the dept.

New sergeant promotions happen on 06-26-17

NEGOTIATIONS:

The FPOA Negotiations team has scheduled a General Membership Meeting on 06-22-17.  A vote on the proposed MOU will take place at the 509 meeting Hall.

ISSUES:

PATROL STAFFING ISSUES:

The city continues to recruit new officers and very few lateral officers.  Last month on board meeting day we were at 767 sworn officers, today we are at 762 sworn officers.

PATROL RIFLES:

The department was authorized the purchase patrol rifles.  They will be issued individually to patrol and other uniformed assignments.   Patrol officers will be required to train with and qualify with the rifle regardless if they wish to carry it with them in patrol.

New City Manager:

The new city manager was announced.  Wilma Quan-Schector was promoted from Assistant City manager.  Todd and I met with her on 5-12.  She has been involved behind the scenes in several projects related to PD such as the Central Police Station.

OIR / Citizens Public  Safety Advisory Board

Chief Dyer and Damon sat on interviews for the new OIR on 05/24/17.  Several candidates were interviewed.  No announcement has been made on the selection.

PUBLIC RELATIONS RELATED:

05-20-17        $500 MADD Fundraiser

05-02-17        $12 Promo items for Grizzly staff

05-26-17        $30 promo items NW Station event for sick child

06-19-17        $38 Promo Items for newly promoted sergeants

IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

06-22-17          General Membership Meeting

06-23-17          BBQ for Mid Valley Waste

07-12-17          Chamber GAC Meeting

07-19-17          Next Board Meeting

President's Report to Board:  5-17-17

POLITICS/IMPORTANT MEETINGS:

04-20-17        Damon met w/ Serop Torossian from Kaiser/city planning commission.

04-20-17        Damon and Mike Cavallero attended PORAC SSJC meeting in Bakersfield.

04-21-17        Damon and Todd and Mike attended labor groups political director meeting.

04-21-17        Todd attended Fresno Democratic party Dinner

04-22-17        FPOA BBQ team cooked for the Dukes

04-24-17        E Board and Rocky negotiations w/ City

04-25-17        Damon spoke at the retirement board in regard to retiree pay issues.

04-26-17        Damon and Todd met with Clint Olivier

04-26-17        Damon and Todd met with Steve Brandau

04-26-17        Todd attended PAL Board meeting

04-27-17        Damon met with Lt Alvarez regarding expansion of FAX unit

04-27-17        Todd attended OISRC meeting.

04-27-17        Several Board members attended Breaking the Chains Banquet

04-28-17        E Board attended the FPOA Golf tournament

04-29-17        FPOA BBQ team cooked for Clovis Allstate at Rodeo Parade

04-29-17        Damon presented at LAPPL Conference re ADR Program.

05-01-17        Damon, Todd, Steve, and BBQ team attended Chamber Commerce Golf Tournament.

05-01-17        Damon and Steve met with Mayor Chief Staff Tim Orman

05-02-17        E Board met with City re negotiations working group..

05-03-17        Damon attended Mayors Advisory Council meeting.

05-03-17        Damon met w/ Bruce Rudd

05-04-17        E Board attended Fresno County Peace Officers' Memorial.

05-04-17        E Board and Rocky negotiations with the city

05-04-17        Damon, Todd, and Gary attended FDSA open house

05-04-17        Damon and Todd attended Frank Bigelow event.

05-05-17        Damon attended Maddy Institute event

05-06-17        Damon, Todd, and Israel attended Kiwanis fund raiser

05-08-17        Damon met with Ed Kashien

05-09-17        Damon attended PORAC Legislative Day at the state Capitol

05-10-17        Damon attended PORAC I&B Trust meeting in Sacramento.

05-10-17        Israel attended Chamber GAC meeting

05-12-17        FPOA BBQ team cooked for Vanoverbeek funeral.

05-12-17        Damon and Todd met with new city manager Wilma Quan-Schector.

05-13-17        Damon met with Steve Brandau, Garry Bredefeld, and Blong Xiong.

05-16-17        Damon, Israel, and Andy attended ADR JC meeting

05-16-17        E Board met with the Chief and Deputy Chiefs.

05-16-17        Damon and Cavallero attended PORAC Chapter meeting.

E-BOARD MEETING WITH THE CHIEF/DEPUTY CHIEFS:

 The E-Board met with the Chief and DC's as a group on 5-16-17.  We discussed several issues.

The lieutenant promotional list is expired.  There will be a new testing in the near future.

There was a lengthy discussion regarding the use of corporals as acting sergeants vs preferred staffing.

There has been NO discussion of eliminating the Platoon Schedule early.  There are was a lengthy discussion regarding staffing issues in regards to sergeants on the midnight and dayshift schedules.

We also discussed the recruitment and retention issues with the dept. as it pertains to current negotiations.

NEGOTIATIONS:

Negotiations started on March 6th.  There have been numerous meetings since.  Due to agreed upon confidentiality no details are available to be released.  Once an update is available we will disseminate to the membership.  Our next meeting is May 25th.

ISSUES:

PATROL STAFFING ISSUES:

The city continues to recruit new officers and very few lateral officers.  Last month on board meeting day we were at 767 sworn officers, today we are at 762 sworn officers.

PATROL RIFLES:

The department was authorized the purchase patrol rifles.  They will be issued individually to patrol and  other uniformed assignments.   Patrol officers will be required to train with and qualify with the rifle regardless if they wish to carry it with them in patrol.

New City Manager:

The new city manager was announced.  Wilma Quan-Schector was promoted from Assistant City manager.  Todd and I met with her on 5-12.  She has been involved behind the scene in several projects related to PD such as the Central Police Station.

OIR / Citizens Public  Safety Advisory Board

A search for the new OIR is being conducted.  Once the person has been conducted the advisory board will be formed.

PUBLIC RELATIONS RELATED:

04-20-17        $420 East Fresno Kiwanis Fundraiser

05-02-17        $950 Crime Stoppers

05-08-17        $250 Battle of Badges Blood Drive

05-16-17        $250 Clovis North Water Polo Tournament

IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

05-20-17          Union Park BBQ at fair grounds

05-26-17          COOL meeting

06-06-17          FPOA Budget meeting

06-10-17          FPOA BBQ @ Edison

06-10-17          Support Blue BBQ event at ApCal

06-20-17          PORAC Chapter meeting at FDSA

President's Report to Board: 04-19-17

POLITICS/IMPORTANT MEETINGS:

03-16-17        Damon participated in a radio interview for Valley NPR.

03-16-17        Damon and Todd attended City Council mtg, Damon spoke on the Mayor's Public Safety Advisory Board..

03-18-17        Damon met with DC Nevarez.

03-20-17        Damon went on KMJ w/ Chief Dyer and Mayor Brand

03-21-17        Damon met with Fresno Chamber Golf Committee

03-21-17        Damon, Todd, and Gary attended PORAC chapter meeting in Hanford

03-22-17        Damon, Israel, and DC Hall attended ADR meeting.

03-23-17        Eboard and Rocky in negotiations all day

03-24-17        Israel attended Golf Sign ups

03-24-17        Todd attended Baker to Vegas Run

03-28-17        Damon and Todd met with DC Hall re: Motor Unit Schedule

03-29-17        Damon held a Companion Officer Meeting.

03-29-17        Damon and Israel attended Fresno Chamber event.

03-30-17        Eboard and Rocky in Negotiations all day

03-30-17        Damon, Todd, Israel, and Bryan attended Valley Republican Lincoln Dinner

03-31-17        Israel, Brad, and Jacky assisted in the Hinds Hospice Tea Party event.

04-03-17        Damon, Todd, Israel, and Bryan attended PORAC Symposium.

04-05-17        Damon spoke at LAPPL Board meeting w/ Bryan and Israel

04-06-17        Eboard and Rocky in Negotiations all day.

04-07-17        Damon and Bryan attended Picnic Committee meeting.

04-10-17        Damon met w/ Chief Dyer

04-10-17        Damon met with FDSA re: ADR Program.

04-11-17        Damon met with Mayor Lee Brand

04-11-17        Damon and Todd attended the retiree dinner

04-12-17        Damon and Todd attended FPOA budget committee meeting.

04-12-17        Damon attended Chamber GAC meeting

04-12-17        Damon went on Powertalk Radio with Trevor Carey

04-13-17        Damon, Todd, and Gary conducted new officer orientation

04-13-17        Todd attended Ca League of Cities SSJC meeting in Hanford

04-17-17        Eboard and Rocky in negotiations all day

04-18-17        Damon and Israel met with City re: Work Place violence policy

04-18-17        Damon, Israel, and DC Hall attended ADR meeting.

04-19-17        Todd attended Ca League of Cities Legislative action day.

E-BOARD MEETING WITH THE CHIEF/DEPUTY CHIEFS:

 The E-Board has not met with the Chief and DC's as a group but there have been multiple individual meetings regarding individual member issues.

There has been NO discussion of eliminating the Platoon Schedule early.    There will not be a midyear Matrix.

NEGOTIATIONS:

Negotiations started on March 6th.  There have been numerous meetings since.  Due to agreed upon confidentiality no details are available to be released.  Once an update is available we will disseminate to the membership.

ISSUES:

 PATROL STAFFING ISSUES:

The city continues to recruit new officers and very few lateral officers.  Last month on board meeting day we were at 761 sworn officers, today we are at 767 sworn officers.

PATROL RIFLES:

The department was authorized the purchase of 270 patrol rifles.  They will be issued individually to patrol and  other uniformed assignments.

Citizen Public Safety Advisory Board

Mayor Lee Brand has proposed a Public Safety Advisory Board to the FPOA Board at the last meeting.  After a question and answer session the FPOA board voted to support the mayor on his advisory board.  This board when created will meet and discuss community based policing practices and various department policies.  They will be able to make advisory suggestions but are not a review board and will not be giving public comment on if they believe an officer acted appropriately.

PUBLIC RELATIONS RELATED:

03-24-17        $81 Challenge coins for PR events and dignitaries

03-25-17        $35 3 ball caps for LA uniform run

04-11-17        $80 gift cards for retiree dinner raffle

04-11-17        $400 water for gang conference

 IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

 04-20-17          PORAC SSJC meeting

04-22-17          BBQ for Dave And Lori Dukes

04-23-17          Heroes Night at Chukchansi Stadium.

04-27-17          Breaking the Chains dinner

04-27-17          Fresno County Democratic Dinner

04-28-17          FPOA Golf Tournament

05-07-17          CA Peace Officer Memorial Candlelight Vigil

05-08-17          CA Peace Officer Memorial

05-09-17          PORAC Legislative action day

05-10-17          PORAC Board of Directors meeting

05-11-17          Fresno County Peace Officers' Memorial

05-16-17          PORAC Chapter Meeting

 

TOP